The Strength You Need In Adversity Empowering People & Their Families

Helping you resolve life's challenges to get you to a better place.

Child Custody Lawyer – Birmingham & Huntsville

Child Custody Attorney In Shelby County & Madison County

At The Oncale Firm, we have worked with countless parents to address the difficult and muddy waters of child custody and child visitation. Parents often feel afraid and confused.

Because society is committed to the best interests of children, child custody and child visitation are matters of deep concern to the courts. That is why The Oncale Firm serves families in Birmingham — so that parents do not have to deal with these vexing and perplexing issues on their own.

The laws governing custody in Alabama seek to avoid emotional trauma to children as a result of the divorce. Parents are encouraged to reach a custody agreement on their own because they understand the dynamic that exists between parent and child better than the courts can. For this reason many parents opt to resolve custody disputes through mediation, which The Oncale Firm provides.

Military Divorce and Child Custody Issues

A major focus of The Oncale Firm is serving military families in Alabama that are struggling with family law issues, including child custody and visitation. To learn more about military divorce, visit this page.

Alabama Visitation Lawyer

It is the goal of The Oncale Firm to help parents in both domestic relations courts and in family court involving many different kinds of situations, including:

  • Establishing paternity, child custody or child visitation
  • Addressing issues of custody and visitation when one parent is relocating
  • Modifying orders of child custody and child visitation based on changes in circumstances (abandonment, abuse, neglect, remarriage, divorce, family violence, drug use, alcohol use, poor grades, health conditions or other factors)
  • Seeking orders for contempt for denied visitation or parental alienation
  • Seeking orders addressing or enforcing custody or visitation orders issued in an out-of-state court

Contact A Child Custody & Visitation Lawyer For Help

Shane Oncale is an experienced child custody attorney. Contact or call The Oncale Firm at 205-880-0948 to arrange a free consultation.